Wednesday 1 March 2017

Kale Salad with Grilled Chicken Breast






I have to confess, I'm not really a salad person !!! Particularly, those made with the traditional lettuce, don't give me wrong I'll eat it... but I can't guarantee if I'll enjoy it, so what's the point! I'm a strong believer that my meals must be tasty. So hence the reason I'm always trying out new recipes with so called "trending ingredients"  . Kale was been trending for the last couple of years now and I love it!! I'll put it in my smoothies and salads. 

Here's some interesting facts about Kale:
  1. Kale is low in calorie ,high in fiber and has ZERO fat. 
  2. Kale is high in iron
  3. Kale is high in Vitamin K 
  4. Kale is filled with powerful antioxidants 
  5. Kale is a anti-inflammatory food 
  6. Kale is great for cardio-vascular support 
  7. Kale is high in Vitamin A 
  8. Kale is high in Vitamin C 
  9. Kale is high in Calcium 
  10. Kale is a great detox food.
I made for lunch today a delicious Kale Salad with Grilled Chicken Breast . 




You should give it a try here's what you'll need ( 1 serving) :

  1. Two large leaves of Kale 
  2. 1/4 cup of diced yellow bell peppers
  3. 1/4 cup of diced red  bell peppers 
  4. diced red onions ( depends on how much you like)
  5. 1 medium diced tomato 
  6. 2 tbsp of feta cheese and olives 
  7. 1 boiled egg
  8. dried cranberries ( I used a handful)
  9. croutons to garnish
Grilled Chicken
  1. 1 piece of boneless chicken breast
  2. 1 tsp lemon juice 
  3. Sea salt ( to taste )  
  4. 1 tbsp of green seasoning 
  5. Grill 10 mins in (George Foreman Grill) or a skillet will suffice. 
TIP!!! If you guys can invest in a George Foreman grill please do. It's a really good way to cook your meats.

Let me know if there are any interesting ways that I can incorporate Kale into my diet.
   

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, thst looks really good! Making my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGoodness!!! Like yourself, I have never really been a salad person. However, of late, i have been messing around with salads mostly in the green areas such as, spinach, kale and crispy lettuce. This looks really tasty. Could you tell me what are the ingredients of this salad and what looks like apple cuttings. I can't tell what the other bits are. Please let me know so that I may try this…

    Kind regards & Every Blessing - aec

    ReplyDelete
  3. just like me.. yes it's apple , cranberry and walnuts...

    ReplyDelete